A 5 day training in experiential Listening and Children Focusing. We call our approach “Dynamic Focusing”
Dynamic Focusing” (for adults and children). Several topics are essential and has been covered: “Listening in three directions; unconditional authentic empathy, The Emerging Body language; safety and boundaries, Contact/ Contract; Self care; working with symbolisations/ expression and (pre-verbal) inner child work.
Benefits for children
- To built a better relationship with themselves and others.
- How to relate to and deal with their problems.
- To know that feelings and behaviour implicitly carries a meaning and a story.
- To listen to other children in an empathic way and to solve there problems themselves.
Benefits for adults
- To learn & develop the practical skills, approaches and techniques required
- to build resilience & confidence in the children and young people that you are working with or . . being with.
- To discover & learn how to tap into the natural capacity of children and young people for imaginative play, drawing, storytelling and other forms of symbolisation,
- to support better management of their emotional experience ~ while developing your own creativity and playfulness.
- In particular, to learn how to do all of the above in a safe space ~ with clear boundaries, that respect both the privacy and vulnerability of much of childhood and adolescent experience and also yourself as an adult.
Preparatory training:not nessesary, recommended a basic Focusing course.
Studyload: literature 6 hours
Teachers: René Veugelers (CC for Children Focusing) & Harriet Teeuw (CC in training for Children Focusing)
Dates and time: We’ll start with light meal 6 pm 8th July on Monday evening, and finish after lunch 1 pm on 13th July. Morning sessions will be from 9.15 am to 12.15 pm each day and afternoon sessions from 3.15 pm to 6.15 pm. In the evenings there will be some entertainment and other free possibilities. To register, or if you have any questions on the program firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Nijenholtpade is a small, quiet village, tucked away in the rural province of Friesland, 15 km above Heereveen in the spacious countryside of northern Holland. The venue is “De Bron” a retreat and conference centre: see: www.centrumdebron.nl There are plenty of opportunities in the local area for canoeing, walking, biking and sight seeing.
Early bird till February 1st € 495,- plus room and board
February 2nd till may 1st € 575, – plus room and board
After May 2nd € 655, – plus room and board
There will be a € 125 administration charge for cancellation.
After may 1st all fees are nonrefundable ~ except in the case of an unavoidable emergency.
Room and board: (De Bron offers full board, so all vegetarian meals are included in the price )
The room and board fee is payable on or before March 1st and depends on your preference;
- Dorms are available for 5 nights: €335
- Double rooms, with ensuite shower & wc. 5 nights: €400
- Single rooms with ensuite( are limited in number). 5 nights: €475
If you have any questions about room and board . . . please contact Harriet: email@example.com
From Amsterdam ~ Schiphol airport is a two hour train journey to the nearest town of Wolwega, which is a 10 min car ride from the venue. You can arrive at the venue after 2pm on Monday the 23th. There will be a shuttle service provided from the train station to the venue ~ from 2 pm to 6 pm. If you have any questions about traveling: please contact Harriet: firstname.lastname@example.org
All training sessions are offered in English. As this is not our mother tongue we will take an easy going approach and choose our words carefully!
Scholarships: We offer the possibility of two reduced price scholarship places on the course.
Please contact René and fill in the application form if you wish to apply for either of these.
Hopefully we will see, meet and greet each other in Nijeholtpade,
If you have any other question call René 0031(0)636089557 or email email@example.com